Tuesday 30 November 2010

WHAT ON EARTH IS FACIAL BONE GRINDING SURGERY?

When I read about a young singer, Wang Bei, dying on the operation table while undergoing facial bone grinding surgery, I had wondered what on earth that was.  I did a search on the Internet and realised what the young lady had wanted to do was a face contour surgery whereby volume of the facial bone is reduced by using osteotomy to reduce the contour of the face.
Here is an example of the result of face shaping


To read more, please visit the following sites:
http://eng.plasticsurgerybeijing.com/zygoma.htm
http://www.advaestheticsurgery.com/facial.php

Here is a picture of the late Wang Bei whose death from an accident while undergoing "Facial Bone Grinding Surgery" has been highlighted in the Chinese press.  Judging by the photograph, I am really wondering why she wanted to have the procedure done as she already looked pretty.  Guess she got greedy.

4 comments:

StellarLunacy said...

The top picture of the the woman when her face is squarely shaped is far more beautiful!
Very sorry to hear of this trend in China/Asian countries. Responsibility rests on many fronts.

infinitympg said...

Thank you SellarLuna! This is 100% true, the sharper features are more attractive

englishblogger:) said...

THANKS this has helped me a lot !!! I saw pictures of Wang Bei before she went into plastic surgery and i thought she was beautiful, I wish i was as beautiful as her! and this helped because i had to do a report on her for english, my topic was "Is Plastic Surgery Dangerous?" I agreed that it most certainly was!!! thanks for helping me!! :)

Miss Cheah said...

You are welcome