Friday 12 November 2010

SACRIFICING A PLANT FOR SAFETY SAKE




 The arch that was used in the school Herb Garden for the Passiflora plant to creep was rusted and the two of the metallic frames were already broken.  I was very worried as this Saturday my school will be the venue for an Integration Programme for Pre-school and Primary school children.  Some of the little ones might wonder into the garden and the already rickety arch could fall and hurt them. 
After I had a discussion with my colleagues yesterday morning, we decided to remove the arch.  Haji Hasnin pushed the structure and it fell to the ground.  Later in the evening, a few of the librarians helped to remove it.
Though the plant was growing heathily on the arch but my friends and I decided to make the sacrifice as it was already entangled to the frame.  In our minds, it is always safety first.

No comments: