Monday 8 November 2010

EXOTIC ORCHIDS









To me orchids are exotic.  Unlike the delicate and lovely roses, these blooms can last longer and are a real sight to behold once the flowers are in full bloom.  That is why I make it a point to go visit orchid shows whenever there is one in town.
This weekend the Orchid Society of Perak organised such an event. The venue was at the square just in front of Ipoh City Hall.  Unfortunately, it was raining when my mum, aunt and I reached the place at noon and it was a rather uncomfortable experience as the ground was wet and soggy.
The pictures above were taken with my Olympus Digital Camera.  I also took photographs of the flowers with my Canon 500EOS camera but have yet to download them.  I promise I will post the pictures here to share with you the beauty of the orchids.

No comments: