Tuesday 2 November 2010

EARNING MONEY





Tis the end of the year and in my school and many other schools in Malaysia, there will be a year end gathering for the classes, societies and units.  The students would pay a certain sum of money for the food for these gatherings.  The board of librarians for my school will be having their year end gathering at KFC Restaurant in Lumut and everyone has to pay RM11. The price of a snack plate is about RM9.50.  Another RM1.50 is for a DVD for the students. Two of my girls, Vandana and Nora, told me that they did not have enough money and might not be able to attend the function.  I came up with a solution for them and that was that they come and help clean my house and I'd give them the money.
So both girls went back home with me at 3.50 p.m.  They started doing the cleaning at 4.05 p.m. and finished at 5.15 p.m.  My house became much cleaner and the girls will get to attend the function at KFC next Thursday.  See, it is a win-win situation.
Actually, my house is rather clean already and didn't really need extra cleaners as it is small enough for me to manage but I am a firm believer that my wards should not have things given to them on a platter.  If they want something, they need to work for it.  That was why I made the girls earn the money.  This is a little lesson I taught the girls.

No comments: