Monday 29 November 2010

AYER TAWAR KUAN YIN TEMPLE

Nestled in a Palm Oil Estate in Ayer Tawar is a Kuan Yin Temple that not many of us know of.  I actually got to know about its existence from the Contractor who made the grill for my house, Mr Quah who is a committee member of the temple. 
At first when he told me about the temple and how beautiful it was, I was a bit sceptical.  He had volunteered to take me there when my house was being renovated but at that time I was busy and said I'd take a raincheck.  Well, I finally visited the temple and Mr Quah kept his word to take me there though he was busy with word.  I also invited Lai Yoong along.
Both of us agreed that the Ayer Tawar Kuan Yin Temple is a place worth visiting.  The place is super clean and the statues and idols are works of art.  Indeed, the temple is beautiful.
Lovely Lotus stool that the temple medium would sit on while in a trance.
The statue of Kuan Yin with her two able assistants.
 A view of the area fronting the temple.
Lai Yoong posing next to a statue of a Kei Lun (Unicorn) which flanks the entrance to the temple.
Temple Pavilion
Statues of some Buddhist and Taoist Deities
Me posing at the entrance of the temple
This lovely Tiger sculpture was made by artisans in China and shipped here
With an intricately sculpted Dragon
Mr Quah explaining some of the Buddhist teachings to Lai Yoong
Lai Yoong with a statue of Confucius
With the statue of the Laughing Buddha
View of the Archway to the temple
The altar was also made in China and shipped here
Lai Yoong contributing money for the 'releasing birds and tortoises' ceremony

2 comments:

Sam said...

Dear Ms Cheah,

Thank you for the photos of the Ayer Tawar Temple. Its looks nice and its interesting that they have a medium there too.

I would like to visit it with a couple of friends. We wish to make a small request, if possible describe the directions to get there or publish the google map coordinates which we could use on a GPS to get there.

Much Thanks,
Sam

Miss Cheah said...

Hi Sam,
I am sorry but I don't have the GPS coordinates for the temple. But you can easily ask for directions to the temple when you reach the town. It is a small place and easy to locate.