Tuesday 19 October 2010

SOURCE OF INSPIRATION

After I completed my Masters Degree Course, I had planned on continuing my studies by reading for the doctoral degree part time.  However, I have been so busy with work and with my life that I haven't had time to even enrol for the course.  At one point I was also wondering whether I was getting too old to go through the grind of all the studying, research and analysis.  However, I have become inspired again after reading the story of Mr Bholaram Das who is studying to get a doctorate at the grand old age of 100.

Read his story below:

100-year-old enrols at university


Never say you're too old for anything.

Bholaram Das from India celebrates his 100th birthday this month by going back to study.

The freedom fighter, who retired from his job as a court judge 39 years ago, has enrolled for a PhD programme on the role his village has played in spreading a particular stream of Hinduism.

"There is no age limit for acquiring knowledge," he tells AFP.

"I had a very fulfilling 100 years, having been a teacher, dabbled with politics by joining the Congress party in 1945, became a lawyer, then a magistrate, and retired as a judge in 1971."

Source: The Hindu.com
Published Oct 19 2010

Link: http://www.dailychilli.com/news/7107-100-year-old-enrols-at-university

No comments: