Friday 3 September 2010

DAMAGE CONTROL AND RENOVATION WORK


The lease of my rented house is until the 30th of September and so I need to get all the renovations to my new house done as soon as possible so that I could move in.  Thank goodness I had Lai Yoong to help me get all the contractors to come and do the measurements for the kitchen cabinet, the tiles for the porch and the grills.
One of the reasons I chose this particular house is because of the number 669.  Being Cantonese, I am very particular about the number of the house.  669 would translate to mean Forever Forever Lasting.  The house number 668 was already bought and so it was not available.
Lai Yoong was helping me to open the doors to all the rooms of the house.  The door of the third room could not be opened.  The clerk at the housing developer's office already told me to check all the keys to see if they could open the doors.  I was also to check for any damages in the house and report to them withing 2 weeks.  After that the contractor would come and do all the repairs.
Damaged and broken
Cracked
The contractor measuring the porch to lay the heavy duty tiles
Lai Yoong and Mr Ong the cabinet maker
Me choosing the colour for the cabinets
One of the contractors trying to help open the door to the third room but he was unsuccessful.

No comments: