Sunday 25 July 2010

BETTER TO LOOK LIKE AN AUNTIE THAN TO LOOK PLASTIC


Teenage Filipina Charice's botox procedure is still being discussed and criticised even after a week of the news being released.  Goodness the girl is only 18 and she had botox jabs plus another anti-aging treatment from the plastic surgeon.  Alamak!  What type of sick doctor would persuade such a young and impressionable teenager to undergo such a procedure to look fresh and young. Aren't 18 year-olds supposed to look fresh and young?
I am many times older than Charice but when I am looking haggard and tired, I get lots of sleep and also go for a facial to look better and fresher.  See what getting 10 hours of sleep on Friday night can do to a tired looking me.  I also went for a facial on Friday afternoon as well.  Of course I don't look ten years younger but then I do look fresher and livelier.  Using botox and other forms of cosmetic surgery would result in a plastic looking face.  That is why they call it plastic surgery. Better to look like an Aunty** than to look like a plastic doll with no expression.  Hu! Hu! Hu!
In case you say that the photos above were taken in dim light, I have one taken at my mum's garden at 11.00 a.m.  Believe me, a good night's sleep (I must admit I also slept 3 hours in the afternoon) plus a facial  really does wonders.

** Aunty -  In Malaysia and Singapore, we refer to a lady who is either married or who is getting along in years as Aunty.

No comments: