Tuesday 15 June 2010

WORLD CUP ATMOSPHERE

My brother-in-law treated my family and I to a meal at a Steak House in Ipoh. I have never been to the place before and so this was a first for me and my family.
What was most memorable was that large screens were set up to air the live matches of the FIFA World Cup at every vantage point there.  The match we watched during dinner time was that between Holland and Denmark.  What was most entertaining was the own goal scored by a Danish player.  The first half of the match was not so interesting with the Dutch players taking possession of the ball for 60 percent of the time but without scoring a goal.  It was the second half which was most entertaining.  Though Holland won the match beating Denmark 2-0, I don't think that they have what it takes to reach the finals. 
Watching the match with my family and the other diners was a really wonderful experience.  It sure beats watching alone.  No wonder there are so many people at the Mamak stalls. 
Besides being able to watch the live telecast of the match, we also dined on western cuisine.  My mum and aunt had Chicken Maryland while I enjoyed the Braised Salmon with Mash Potatoes and Watercress (see picture below).

No comments: