Tuesday 29 June 2010

OUT OF THE NORM

I have quite a few trainee teachers who visit this blog.  I guess they might want to have a glimpse of what a teacher does in school.  In my case, my teaching day might be quite different from many teachers for two reasons.  First I teach in a vocational school and next I am the Media Teacher and also the supervisor for the Resource Centre. 
I would again like to share with my visitors (especially teachers to be), pictures of my working day for Tuesday, 29th of June, 2010.
8.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
I was at the Teacher's Activity Centre in Sitiawan to give a talk on Public Speaking.  There is a reading camp being carried out at the centre in which I am a facilitator and judge.
11.15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Went back to school to oversee the removal of the termite infested fence in the Herb Garden.  My former students who came to school for a visit, helped me to remove the fence.  Tomorrow, I will be putting some used oil or diesel to make sure that the colony is destroyed.
My former students who had completed their second level wiring course came back to school.  They had actually called last week to inform me that they would be dropping by and asked if I would be in school.  Of course, I had to go back to school to see them.
1.00 - 1.30 p.m.
Went with Kamariah to a printing shop to get the banner for the English Language Week done.
1.45 - 2.45 p.m.
Went back to the Teacher Activity Centre for the programme there.  I also had lunch there as well.
3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Went back to school to do some paperwork and also to train my boys who will be taking part in the Public Speaking and News Reading Contests tomorrow.
5.50 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
I treated my former students to an early dinner at a fast food restaurant.  I had promised them that if they successfully completed their wiring course at TAFE in Negeri Sembilan, I'd give them a treat.  Since they kept their end of the bargain, I kept my promise.

**  As my job specification is different from other teachers, my duties would be a little bit different from others.  So to the young teachers to be, don't take my working day as a normal one for teachers.  Consider it as one that is out of the norm.

No comments: