Monday 7 June 2010

THE BENEFITS OF BEING ABLE TO SEW CLOTHES

Holding up a piece of cloth which is going for a song.  The price has been slashed by more than half for a baju kurung set.
With another piece of cloth from the shop.  I usually go for cotton and not the silky type like the ones above.  Furthermore, I like plain ones instead of those with a lot of patterns.
My mum and aunt sitting outside the textile shop waiting for the rain to subside before we could get into the car.

My mum, aunt and I went for afternoon tea at a shop in town and there was a textile shop nearby.  My mum said that there was a sale and had eyed some pieces of cloth that was selling for RM1.90 per metre.    The original price was RM4.90.  Since it was raining, we went into the shop to wait out the rain.  Well, my mum bought three pieces of cloth and would be sewing blouses to wear at home.
See, the advantages of being able to sew ones own clothes.  This is money saving.  Furthermore, one can make money by sewing clothes for others.  When my mum was much younger, she used to sew clothes for my sisters and I.  Similarly, my Aunt May also sewed clothes when she was in good health.

No comments: