Thursday 20 May 2010

GRADUATES FROM COLLEGE AT 94


The lady in the pictures above is Hazel Soares.  She recently graduated from college with a degree in Art History at the ripe old age of 94.  Hazel has proven that it is never too late to earn your college degree.

She was among roughly 500 undergraduates to pick up their diplomas at the Mills College commencement a few weeks ago. She is believed to be the world's second oldest person to graduate from college.
I think it is people like Hazel that are inspiration for us to want to do more in the quest for knowledge. 
By the way, Hazel hopes to find work as a docent at a San Francisco Bay area museum. Just in case you are not sure what a docent is, it is a person who leads guided tours especially through a museum or art gallery

References:
http://cbs5.com/local/soares.94.graduation.2.1696670.html
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/docent

2 comments:

ummuazas said...

That's an inspiration! I plan to further my studies after my pension

ummuazas said...

That's an inspiration! I plan to further my studies after my pension