Sunday 6 December 2009

NOT ONLY PRAY IN TIMES OF NEED



I visited a village called Kampung Bemban in Batu Gajah today. When I was there I stopped by at the Tai Seong Loe Kuan Temple to pray. This was my first time there and I have this habit of going in to temples to pray whenever I see one.
You see, my godmother has always told me to make a habit of going in to a temple to pray whenever I see one as she says that to preserve and strengthen our bond with the Deities we should go to pray at the temples, not only in times of need but during good times as well. She said that very often people would only think of going to the temple to seek the help of the divine Beings if they want something or if they are in some sort of trouble.
Well, I do try and do as she has advised. So whenever I happen to pass a temple and I have the time, I would go in and offer prayers. I don't necessary use joss-sticks. This is especially so for ladies who are having their monthly periods, they can either just bow or use their hands to pray. So I am passing on my godma's advice to everyone who reads this so that they too can make a habit of it.

No comments: