Wednesday 25 November 2009

IPOH OLD TOWN CAFE IN MANJUNG

Baz and I at the Cafe
Baz dipping her toasted brown bread in potato curry. It's delicious
Free Wifi at the cafe.
Closer look at the potato curry and toasted brown bread
The Mee Jawa is so-so only. The ones in Ipoh are really good.
Me getting to take a bite of the taufu pok.
This afternoon, Baz and I had lunch at the Ipoh Old Town Food and Beverage Oulet which is situated near the Giant Hypermarket in Manjung. The food is pretty good but from my observation, not many people ordered white coffee which is what the original Ipoh Old Town kopitiams are famous for. The tagline for the franchise, "Where life is happy, because we take our time". I guess that really suits the kopitiams in Ipoh Old Town. Usually it is the old folks who would go and enjoy their cup of white coffee and spend time chatting with their friends. Besides the coffee, delicious noodles and snacks are also sold. To me the outlet does not really give me any sense of deja vous of being in a kopitiam in Ipoh.
Don't forget that I am an Ipoh girl, born and bred and since small my parents have been taking me to eat at the kopitiams there. I have a good many years of eating there when I was growing up and so I should know what I am saying. When I go back to Ipoh in a couple of days' time, I will make it a point of going to the Old Town and visiting the coffee shop of my family friend. Then I will post photographs of how an Ipoh Old Town Kopitiam looks like.

No comments: