Monday 12 May 2008

EATING NOODLES FOR LONG LIFE




Today is my friend, Cikgu Ishak Ismail's (the one in dark blue shirt) birthday. Since he gave me a treat at MacDonalds during my birthday, I wanted to return the kind gesture. I had actually wanted to give him a treat at Secret Recipe after school but could not do so as Cikgu Ishak said that he had to attend a meeting at PPD Sitiawan in the afternoon. So I did the next best thing by preparing some food for him this morning. Both he and Cikgu Zawawi (the one in light blue shirt) took a short break from manning the Examination Room to see me at the resource centre for the breakfast that I had prepared.
As the Chinese believe that eating noodles during ones birthday is auspicious, I served the both of them prawn noodles. Serving someone noodles or mee on his/her birthday is sort of like wishing them good health and long life.

No comments: