The information below is taken from the talk given by Feng Shui Master Jason Eng who is a student of Grandmaster Lilian Too.
The Dog Year rings in at 5.30 a.m. on 4th February 2018.
- The chart indicates that the year ahead will be a stable and harmonious one. There will be less conflicts and hostility.
- There is hidden wealth luck. One must activate to unearth it.
- There is an excess of Wood in the chart. The metal element is missing. Feng Shui enthusiasts are advised to wear white, silver and gold.
- There is no Beginning of Spring or Lup Chun for the year. This means that growth might be slow but still there are plenty of resources to be had.
- There are no clashing pillars int he chart. There are two pillars here that are referred to as "Producing".
- The Yang Earth Pillar and Yang Earth Dog mean that this is a Double Earth Year. This indicates that opportunities are aplenty for growth in many directions. The double earth brings greater harmony and fewer conflicts.
- Strong fire is the element of the year. the year requires metal and earth energy. One can carry crystal and metal protection amulets.
- The Two Yang and two Yin Pillars in the chart bring a balance of yin and yang energy.
- There is indication that the second half of the Dog year will be more favourable.
- The Commanding Star, Emperor Star and Celestial Protector Star are present in the chart for 2018.
- Present in the chart is also the External Flower of Romance. This is not too good a star as there might be sex related transgressions and scandals.