Saturday 4 November 2017

A MOTHER'S LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

A MOTHER'S LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDS
Something good happened to me at work recently.  Wanting to share my blessings with my colleagues, I ordered packs of yellow glutinous rice with rendang chicken to be given as a treat. 
I handed a pack to Puan Norbazuaniza early in the morning.  She thanked me and then she put it aside.  By late morning, I noticed that she still left the food untouched.    Out of curiosity, I asked if she was not a fan of the dish.  "No. I love nasi pulut with rendang ayam.  But my daughter Yaya, loves it as well. I am bringing it back for her to enjoy", she said. That got me reminiscing about the many times I gave her food that both mother and daughter loved.  Though, it is to her taste, she will abstain from eating and bring it home for her little girl.
Actually it is not only her who makes little sacrifices like this for her daughter, I notice many of my friends who carry the title "Mother" doing the same.  They save the best bits for their children.  This is why we always hear people saying "A mother's love knows no bounds".
So my advice to all the sons and daughters, value your mother for paradise is at her feet.
By Miss Cheah
Third Force Perak
3 October 2017

No comments: