Wednesday 8 June 2016

A POST ON MY MUM'S SIGNATURE DISH

I am trying to recreate dishes my late mother cooked for me and one of which is her signature potato dish. I actually did a post about it way back in 2010. Here it is.

MY MUM'S COOKING

I am sure that many of you would agree with me that there is something special about

our mothers' cooking. Though it may be a simple dish that she has whipped up, the taste

would be distinctly hers. One of my mum's special dishes is her Potato cooked with shrimps

and eggs. It is quite a simple dish really. She peels the potatoes, cuts them into cubes.

Beats two eggs and also cut the shrimps into cubes as well. Then she fries some shallots

and garlic, then add the potatoes, shrimp, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and water and cook

until the potatoes soften. After that she adds salt to taste. I know how to cook the dish but

somehow hers always taste better.












When I was younger, my mum would fashion the cooked potatoes into a heart shape and

decorate them with some vegetables before serving them. Nowadays, she does not add

the decorative touch. The finishing touches to the dish in the picture was done by me.



Miss Cheah at 3/22/2010 08:48:00 pm

No comments: