Tuesday 2 September 2014

TRYING SITUATION

The above picture was taken at the Kuan Yin Temple in Lumut.  It should be back in either 2008 or 2009.  I am pictured with my former neighbours, Ah Ee (Auntie in Hokkien) and Mrs Ooi (in yellow t-shirt).
 A month ago, I was told that Mrs Ooi  was undergoing dialysis as both her kidneys have failed.  Lai Yoong and I visited her a couple of weeks back to see how she was.  My old neighbour wasn't her usual lively self.  She told us that she had also undergone an operation to remove her womb as the doctor said that it was cancerous.  It was really sad to see her in such a state.  Her dialysis sessions which total 3 times a week are costing a lot.  Luckily for her, there are some people who have come forward to pay for the treatments.  These are people whom she had befriended while doing volunteer work during the festivals at the temple.
I know how difficult her situation is as my late father also underwent dialysis for end stage renal failure.  Her journey, be it long or short, will be very painful, frustrating and trying.
I pray to the Powers above to lessen her suffering and also for her husband to have the strength in this most challenging circumstance.

No comments: