I made this lemon, honey and ginger concoction recently. The weather is really hot and the possibly of getting a sore throat is lurking around the corner.
Here is what you need.
2-3 lemons (depending on how large your jar is)
1" piece fresh ginger root
- Wash the lemon and cut into slices. Pack the slices in a clean, dry jar.
- Slice or grate the ginger root into the jar with the lemon slices.
- Fill the jar with honey.
- Add the lid to the jar and then close it tight.
- Let stand for at least 24 hours before using.
- Store in refrigerator or dark, cool pantry.