Tuesday 24 June 2014

PRAYING FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR UNFORTUNATE CHILD

On Sunday I only managed to find time to read the newspapers in the evening.  What greeted me on the front page of The Star was a heartbreaking sight.  There was this picture of a disabled child who was only skin and bones.  What little clothes he had on were in tatters. On reading the article, I found out that Negeri Sembilan Immigration officers stumbled on Muhammad Firdaus Dullah, 15, while carrying out an integrated operation, 'Ops 6P', at the low cost flats.  The boy was found weak and emaciated in a room that was littered with soil and faeces.  The immediate course of action of the Immigration officers wAS to transport him to the Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here for treatment.
After reading the article, my heart became very heavy.  The image of this poor boy kept haunting me the whole night.  I kept thinking of the suffering and indignity he had gone through.  What type of mother could do this to her own child? Didn't anyone else know of his existence?  Try as I might to forget, I just couldn't.  The fate and sorry state of Muhammad Firdaus kept playing in my head.  My friends who read this article were also traumatised by his story.  We are angry and really heartbroken at what happened to him.
These past few days, there have been a lot of reports on this boy.  Who is to blame?  The mother?  Society?  Actually what is more important is that he be nursed to health and be taken of by people who are qualified to do so and also be given love and care.  Please God, let Muhammad Firdaus have a better life after all the sufferings he has gone through.

The boy in his hospital bed and when he was first found.  

Read more: http://www.fz.com/content/police-obtain-order-remand-mother-teenager-found-flat#ixzz35Yv792Um

No comments: