Monday 2 June 2014

EATING NYONYA RICE DUMPLING

For this Duan Wu Jie, my relatives from Malacca gave me Nyonya rice dumpling. The two they gave me had chicken meat in them. I don't eat chicken but it is still tolerable for me to have it inside the zhang but not other types of meat. So what I did was to eat the rice and took out all the meat. I wonder if I go visit Malacca next time, I could request for ones with dried shrimps instead of meat.
As you can see from the above photo, it looks so pretty. Mind you, it tasted as delicious as it looked.
Here is what is inside the Malacca Nyonya Rice Dumpling.
Bamboo leaves are used as wrapping for the Nyonya rice dumpling. The ingredients are glutinous rice, blue flower (Clitoria Ternatea) juice, five-spice powder, red beans, pork/chicken and mushrooms.

The beautiful blue and light brown coloured Nyoynya rice dumpling or Zhang.
This is the blue side of the Zhang.
You can see that the other half of the zhang is light brown.
The zhang when cut into two halves. You can see the tiny bits of chicken meat. There are also mushroom and red beans.
I only ate the glutinous rice and removed all the chicken meat.

No comments: