Monday 2 June 2014

MISSING MY MUM ON DUAN WU JIE




On Duan Wu Jie, there is one person that I miss even more than Mei Jie and that is my mum, the late Julie Cheah. She will remind me to buy the Zhang for the prayer tables and on that day, my mum would do her darndest to make the eggs stand at noon. Yeah. Now I do it every year in memory of my mum and not so much to see if I have good luck for the year ahead. My mummy would also remind me to collect water from the tap outside the house at noon. This water is called Dragon water and those who wash or bath using it will remain young and beautiful. She learnt all these traditional stuff from my grandmother, the late Lucy Cheah. Yeah, grandma also happened to be a Cheah. You can see a picture of my late grandma with me when I was a toddler.

No comments: